In this article we are going to share summary of a famous novel fahrenheit 451. Farenheit 451 has been analyzed & reinterpreted by every successive generation to change its meaning.
What is Fahrenheit 451? Fahrenheit 451 Summary
Fahrenheit 451 is a dystopian novel written by American writer Ray Bradbury, and first published in 1953. The novel presents a future American society where books are outlawed and firemen burn any that are found.
The title page of the book explains the title as follows: Fahrenheit 451—The temperature at which book paper catches fire and burns
Plot Overview of Fahrenheit 451 Pdf
It was a pleasure to burn. It was a special pleasure to see things eaten, to see things blackened and changed. With the brass nozzle in his fists, with this great python spitting its venomous kerosene upon the world, the blood pounded in his head, and his hands were the hands of some amazing conductor playing all the symphonies of blazing and burning to bring down the tatters and charcoal ruins of history.
With his symbolic helmet numbered 451 on his stolid head, and his eyes all orange flame with the thought of what came next, he flicked the igniter and the house jumped up in a gorging fire that burned the evening sky red and yellow and black.
He strode in a swarm of fireflies. He wanted above all, like the old joke, to shove a marshmallow on a stick in the furnace, while the flapping pigeon-winged books died on the porch and lawn of the house.
While the books went up in sparkling whirls and blew away on a wind turned dark with burning.
Novel Name : Fahrenheit 451
Writter : Ray Bradbury
Published in : October 19, 1953
Language : English
Country : United State
Pages : 158
Part : Part – I
Order it Online On : Amazon.com
Summary of Fahrenheit 451
Fahrenheit 451 summary pages 1-12
- Guy Montag is a fireman – he burns houses with books
- he meets Clarisse McClellan on the way home from work – they talk
- Montag’s house is cold, dark & quiet – his wife Mildred has “Seashells” in her ears – an empty pill
bottle is on the floor
- jet bombers fly over the house
Fahrenheit 451 summary pages 12 – 21
- Two handymen arrive at Montag’s house to pump Mildred’s stomach and replace her blood.
- Montag thinks “I don’t know anything anymore.” (page 15)
- Montag asks Mildred about her overdose, but she doesn’t remember and says she would never
do something like that.
- Mildred watches the three-walls in the TV parlor – she wants a fourth wall
- Montag talks with Clarisse again. At the end of the encounter he feels as if he is “two halves.”
Fahrenheit 451 summary pages 21-32
- The firehouse has a deadly Mechanical Hound & Montag is afraid of it
- Captain Beatty laughs at Montag’s fears
- Montag sees Clarisse every day as he walks to work, they talk, she tells him about school
- One day, Clarisse is just gone
- Montag talks to the other firemen about their work; he asks questions.
Fahrenheit 451 summary pages 32 – 45
- The firemen answer a call – the house is old, three stories, belongs to a woman – she is there
- The woman refuses to leave and burns herself with her house and books
- Montag is shaken and upset – at home he thinks about how distant he and Mildred are – he doesn’t like or understand the TV parlor programs
- He asks Mildred about Clarisse – Mildred says she is dead
Fahrenheit 451 summary pages 45-60
- Montag is sick; he’s terribly troubled by last night’s events and news
- He and Mildred talk but only briefly
- Captain Beatty arrives to tell Montag that many firemen go through a rough patch
- Beatty tells Montag about the history of their society and of firemen, how people moved from books to TV and a fast-paced lifestyle, how books were burned if someone didn’t like them
- Montag asks Beatty what would happen if a fireman kept a book, Beatty says they can only keep the book 24 hours.
Fahrenheit 451 summary pages 60-65
- Beatty leaves and Montag remembers Clarisse
- Montag talks to Mildred about how he is feeling, his job and the books he has hidden in the house
- He gets the books out of the ventilator and begs Mildred to read them with him.
So that was about The famous novel books “Fahrenheit 451 summary“. Hope you like the PDF Summary of book Fahrenheit 451 summary
Share this post with your friends and families who are love to reading Novels Thanks for visiting.